WHO WE ARE
DrugFreeNB understands how prevention, treatment & education in the field of addiction is constantly changing.
Our focus is to unite New Bedford in the ongoing struggle against substance abuse.
Education is the first line of defense in the war against substance abuse. By reaching our to our youth, we hope to reduce access to these drugs and create healthy alternatives for all of New Bedford to engage in.
DrugFreeNB seeks to:
- Better understand and address the problem of Non-Medical Use od Prescription Drugs in the New Bedford community.
- Build a coalition of people who want to tackle the issue of prescription drug misuse.
- Develop community-wide strategies that will help lower prescription drug misuse among young people.
- Prevent substance use by strengthening family involvement in the lives of our youth.
- Provide training for community frontline workers.
- Work with community drug prevention & treatment resources to offer the best choice of services available.
- Reach out to culturally diverse populations.
This is the official website of the Pathways Coalition. The coalition is dedicated to the prevention of opiate/opioid related and other drug overdoses. The project was launched in 2004 as part of the New Bedford Student Assistance program and has most recently been funded under the MassCall2 funding. If you are interested in being involved, send a request for more information on our "Contact Us" tab.